TATTOO CARE Sun Protection Small, 40 g
Ointment for tattoo sun protection with 30+ SPF and a broad-spectrum protection against UVA / UVB sun rays. Made from quality natural ingredients. In addition to sun protection, the ointment will moisturize, nourish and help make tattoo colors more vibrant and radiant. Let the whole beach admire the beauty of your tattoo.
- High skin protection 30+ SPF with added UVA / UVB filter
- Protects tattoo colors from fading and tattoo aging
- Deeply moisturizes, nourishes and maintains color intensity
- Actively helps with skin renewal processes after sunbathing
- Waterproof, does not leave a white layer on the skin and does not obscure the tattoo
- Dermatologically tested and made from natural ingredients
1x TATTOO CARE Sun Protection Small, 40 g
2x TATTOO CARE Sun Protection Small, 40 g
3x TATTOO CARE Sun Protection Small, 40 g
Out of stock
Quick answer - because it is a high-quality sun protection ointment that will help you protect your tattoo from the harmful effects of the sun. Our ointment was developed specifically for tattoo sun protection. Remember, this is an ointment not a cream, lotion, or butter. In that way it differs from ordinary sunscreens because of its composition and high proportion of active ingredients that protect the skin. Ointments not only protect the outer skin layer like ordinary sunscreens, but also penetrate deeper to the skin layer, where your tattoo is. There it nourishes and moisturizes skin from the inside, so it stays hydrated and protected longer and better.
Sun protection ointment is one of our best ointments and is highly popular amongst our community all year around. It has exceptional protective properties and people like to show it around the beach as a status symbol. The best indicator of satisfaction are the ratings from our customers all across the world. On one of the most competitive marketplaces in USA, our ointments rank among the best-selling tattoo protection products. The average rating of our ointments quality and users satisfaction, based on more than 3.000 ratings is 4.6 out of 5. If we compare that result with the grades in school, we could say that our ointments are excellent performers.
Tattoo Care ointments formulations were developed in accordance with a traditional pharmaceutical recipe for skin protection products that was upgraded and modified especially for tattoo protection. Because we are committed to highest manufacturing standards and highest quality of our products, we manufacture our ointments in our own manufacture facilities in Slovenia (European Union).
PERCENTAGE OF USERS WHO REPORTED THAT:
- High sun protection - SPF 30+ with a broad-spectrum protection against UVA / UVB rays
- Natural ingredients - made from natural ingredients that actively protect skin
- Easy to use and effective - you will feel the effects immediately after application
- Dermatologically tested - confirmed safe use for skin protection
- Deep skin moisturizing effect – ointments are the best skin moisturizers on the market
- Gentle tropical scent - Your skin will smell like a carefree summer day at the beach
- Made in European Union - all ointments are produced entirely in our manufacture facilities in EU and are compliant with strict EU cosmetics regulations
Most damage to tattoos comes from improper care and unprotected sun exposure. To properly protect your skin and your tattoo it is important to understand the process of tattooing. Tattoo is a special ink that is injected into your deeper skin layer with the use of needles. Needles pierce the skin from 50 to 3.000 times a minute to inject the ink, which is then dispersed in your inner skin layer and skin cells. Sun is the worst enemy of your skin and your ink as it dries it out and makes it shrink and crack, plus the UV rays will additionally break up the pigment in your tattoo. The damage will show in the form of discoloration (black becomes green) and tattoo colors fading.
To properly protect your tattoos against the damage caused by the sun, it is important to choose sunscreen that:
- has at least 30 SPF
- has broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection,
- is an ointment (not cream, lotion, gel) as only ointments penetrate into deeper skin layer where your tattoos is, and protect it from the inside
Tattoo Care Sun Protection is an ointment and not an ordinary sunscreen (cream, lotion, gel). Ointments differ from the ordinary creams, gels, or lotions in that they contain more nutrients that protect the skin and less water. Because of that, the structure of the ointment is always denser than the cream. The difference between the ointment and the cream is also that the ointment not only protects the outer skin layer but penetrates deeper into the subcutaneous tissue (dermis-derma). There it deeply moisturizes and nourishes the skin from the inside, while the creams, gels and lotions mostly protect the outer skin layer.
Positive effects of using an ointment are that it moisturizes, protects, and nourishes deeper part of the skin. That will cause the colors of the tattoo to become more durable and vibrant, and at the same time it will protect them against fading.
- High sun protection factor 30+
- Broad spectrum UVA / UVB sun protection
- Protection of the outer and deeper skin layer
- Promotes skin regeneration
- Prevents fading of tattoo colors
- Deeply moisturizes the skin, protects against dehydration and maintains color intensity
- Maintains a fresh and well-groomed look and restores shine
- Waterresistant protection - does not wash off with water
Always store the ointment at room temperature (up to 25 ° C / 73 ° F) and in a dry and dark place. When using on the beach, do not expose the ointment directly to the sun and hot surfaces (store it in a bag).
Apply the ointment on the tattoo and spread it well at least 30 minutes before exposing it to the sun. If the tattoo is larger, we recommend that you apply the ointment on different parts and then spread it well all over the tattoo. Repeat this several times a day or at least every two hours.
Tattoo Care ointments are made from natural ingredients, which include:
- natural marigold extract in almond oil - soothes the skin and has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antioxidant effects,
- jojoba oil - provides long-term hydration and protection, skin becomes softer and more elastic,
- cacao butter – retains moisture in the skin and protects it well, soothes skin and prevents irritation,
- Vitamin E, Allantoin, Bisabolol (chamomile ingredient) - support the regeneration of sensitive skin, increase collagen production, soothe the skin.
Complete list of ingredients:
INGREDIENTS (INCI): AQUA, LANOLIN, PETROLATUM, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, THEOBROMA CACAO BUTTER, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, CALENDULA OFFICINALIS FLOWER EXTRACT/ PRUNUS AMYGDALUS DULCIS OIL, CETEARYL ALCOHOL, SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS SEED OIL, SODIUM BENZOATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, BISABOLOL, ALLANTOIN, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, SODIUM CETEARYL SULFATE, SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE, PARFUM, LINALOOL, BENZYL SALICYLATE CINNAMYL ALCOHOL, GERANIOL, COUMARIN, CITRIC ACID.
For external use only. Always check the list of ingredients before using the product. Do not use if you are sensitive to any of the ingredients. If side effects occur during use, stop using the ointment and consult a doctor. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid contact with eyes. In case of contact with eyes, rinse thoroughly with water. Use only as directed.
Ref. CPNP: 3605088
FAQ – frequently asked questions
The difference between ointments and creams is in the structure and share of ingredients in them which has impact on their later use and benefits. Ointments contain more oils (80 % oils and 20 % water) and creams usually contain equal shares of both (50 % oils and 50 % water). Due to containing more water, creams are easier to spread (the ones containing the most water are also the ones that are easiest to spread) and are less greasy but are also easier to wash away and mostly protect only the outer layer of your skin. Ointments penetrate more deeply into the layer of skin called dermis (where your tattoo is) and nourish it more effectively from the inside while also creating a protection layer on outer layer of your skin, which helps it stay moisturized longer. That is why ointments are better moisturizers and work more efficiently and are almost always better option for your tattoo than a cream.
Because of its composition, Tattoo Care Sun protection is classified as an ointment. Ointments are natural moisturizers. Tattoo Care Sun Protection will not only protect your tattoo from the sun and its colors from fading but will also deeply moisturize your skin which will help it rejuvenate faster. Nourished skin is the most important factor in maintaining beauty and life of your tattoo.
All Tattoo Care ointments have been dermatologically tested for the use from day 1. But in case you just got a tattoo done, our advice would be that you don’t expose your tattoo to the sun immediately until it has properly healed. You can still use the Tattoo Care Sun Protection ointment; it is made from ingredients that not only protect your tattoo from the sun but promote skin regeneration.
Tattoo Care Sun Protection ointment can be used for sun protection and deep skin moisturizing after any kind of skin pigmentation procedure including tattoos, microbladed eyebrows, lips, eyes and scalp pigmentation.
All Tattoo Care brand ointments are made by Tattoo Care team in our own manufacture which is located in Slovenia in European Union. In that way we support our people and local economy and can ensure that every product meets our strict quality standards.
Tanning beds work by imitating sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation that contains both UVA and UVB rays which are bad for your skin and especially your tattoos. Exposure to those harmful rays can lead to fading of tattoo colors and changing coloration (example: black ink looks green). Tattoo Care Sun Protection contains UVA/UVB filters that will block those harmful rays and protect your tattoo. That’s why we highly recommend you protect your tattoos with Tattoo Care Sun protection ointment while using tanning beds.